Monday, November 13, 2006

Keep Racing!

It was the best leg of the season, and it's still going on. Fantastic.

After the great airport equalizer, the teams headed to Finland. And while I hated the product placement with the AOL email, it was great that they got to see a quick video of their families. There have been a few seasons where racers have gotten a taste of home, and I think it's a great element borrowed from Survivor. This is also where I felt for the moms - it must be really hard to leave your kids at home. Of course, this was the ONLY time that I felt for them. I've been annoyed all season with the fact that they're only into their alliance when it benefits them. And last night you saw it in full force - they pushed their way right in front of the Cho boys and an entire line of waiting people to get a taxi. And they were complaining that they were at a disadvantage because the blondes always get more help because of their looks. Boo hoo. You don't get less help because you're not pretty; you get less help because you're rude.

The mud detour was great, but not as great as the mine roadblock. Somewhere Dave and Mary were kicking themselves. It was a tough roadblock, and you could see how physical strength really helped Rob & Kimberly catch up. There were also lots of opportunities for teams to get lost. Navigating foreign countries is such an important part of the race, and I like when there are opportunities for those who are good at it to excel. I would be so good at this part of the race, especially if I could race with my brother-in-law Jonathan. He and I both have an amazing sense of direction. Alas, my fear of flying, trains, boats, and all other forms of transportation makes me probably the world's worst candidate for the show. Sigh...

Finally, the teams get to where they think is the pit stop. Aside from the element of having to repel down the tower face first, I love that look when they find that they have to keep going. Can't wait till next week.

No comments: