Friday, April 21, 2006

Some Thoughts...

First, can I just say how happy I am that NBC has realized the error of their ways in putting Celebrity Cooking Showdown and pulled the final episodes from the air. They actually (around here, at least) put on a re-run of Deal or No Deal instead. Really.

I just had a chance to watch this week’s episode of The Amazing Race, and I’m glad that I finally did. It was a great episode. I loved the location – it was so beautiful, and I was really glad that so many of the contestants stopped to notice and appreciate their surroundings (rather than complain about them). I didn’t hear anyone moan and groan about people not speaking English, which was really refreshing.

Eric & Jeremy’s luck looks like it has finally run out, which couldn’t be worse timing. How they got so lost delivering their camel is beyond me. The one thing I did learn is that even though we heard the voice-over letting us know that they had to drive 1 mile, they most likely didn’t know that. According to Brennan (who won season 1), a lot of times the contestants don’t know that sort of information – it’s added in production for our benefit. So the frat boys didn’t know how close it should have been, but still – they should have realized something was amiss much earlier. And then they tried a “shortcut” to the pit stop? That just seems ridiculous.

I was so glad to see that this was a non-elimination round (finally!). I love the hippies – they play with such enthusiasm and a fantastic attitude. Hopefully the way they have treated the other teams will come into play and they’ll be able to get some donations at the beginning of this next leg.

The other show that I caught up on today was Unan1mous. I know, I am such an idiot for continuing to watch. My only defense is that at least I am watching it on tivo, so I’m not wasting quite as much time. But it really is just a time drain. Nothing happened. Really. It’s like watching a soap opera – you can miss a week or two on a soap and it’s like you never left. I keep thinking that I’ll stop watching, but now I actually care what happens. I’m such a sucker.

No comments: