Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Not Enough People Pick Pickler

Another week, another contestant gone on American Idol. But first, a performance by Andrea Bocelli showcasing just how bad some of these contestants really are. Seriously – what is he doing on this show?

Anyways, after Simon apologized to Katharine (thank goodness…I’m so glad she sounded as good as I thought she did!), we get to Ryan’s naked cruelty. This week, he divides them into three groups of two – Katharine & Chris, Taylor & Elliott, and Kellie & Paris. To me, it seems pretty clear that Paris and Kellie are the bottom two. And I’m right – Chris and Katharine received the highest number of votes last night, and rightfully so. They’ll probably be the final two, and they’re both going to make great CDs. (and that would explain why I was never able to get through on their lines...)

So, it seems that the power of votefortheworst.com has run out, and Kellie is going home. I just feel bad for the better singers that went before her. Sure she’s cute and sweet, but she’s not a great singer. And she may be the first voted off contestant who didn’t get to sing one last time. I guess no one really wanted that anyways.

No comments: