Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The beginning of the end for Chilltown

Well, I was wrong about Big Brother. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. You didn’t think I could actually predict this one all the way out did you?

We’re entering the final week of Big Brother. I’m still not entirely sure why they decided to cut the season a few weeks short (hence, the two double eviction weeks) – at least here in DC it’s getting pretty good ratings. But we have another eviction tonight.

My favorite part of the show tonight was definitely the scenes from the jury house. That would almost be a better show – just shots of Howie arguing with everyone. At least James has Danielle to talk to now. But I can’t wait for Will to join them tomorrow. He’s going to have to sleep with one eye open…

Back to the BB7 house, the final PoV competition of the summer. I wonder what it will be? Oh, wait – it’s more trivia. At least tonight it was trivia with a vat of goo. The thing is, that if they hadn’t done trivia all summer, this might have been a neat challenge. But I’m so sick of trivia. And I’m sick of Janelle winning trivia. You have to hand it to her – she is the queen of trivia. And I wonder why the rest of them don’t “study” a bit – they have to realize what sort of odds there are that the competition will be trivia based.

Anyways, after Janelle won, Erika started scrambling. And like Will said early in the game, whoever talks to Janelle last might just sway her vote. But in the midst of her scrambling, somehow Erika figured out that she had been played by Chilltown. I just loved how the two girls sat and figured out that Chilltown had been telling them both the same thing. It was great – I just wish that they had talked about the whole “ninja” line. So when it came time for the vote, I wasn’t surprised that Janelle voted to evict Will. Sad, sure. But not surprised. What did surprise me was Boogie’s answer to the question of whether he and Erika will still be close after the game. I think he was convinced that she was leaving; now he’s stuck in the house with her and Janelle. Hmmmm.

One last note on tonight’s episode – I liked that during the first round of the HoH competition Boogie stepped off. I know he claims it’s a “Hatch-like” move (and, by the way, if you win Boogie, be sure to pay your taxes) – that both girls will take him to the final two since they can beat him. But the better part of the strategy is that it’s a 3 round competition. If the two girls last awhile in round 1, they will be much easier to beat in the other rounds vs. a fresh Boogie. Of course, that assumes that Janelle won’t accidentally take her hand off while talking to Boogie. Oh well.

Two more episodes to go…what will I do with my time once it’s over?

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I'm not happy about it - the events of Tuesday night. :(

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hi... I am not a big reality TV addict... don't really like them. I see you are a Red Sox fan... I just went to Fenway Park... excellent... LOVE the movie 'Field of Dreams'... I want to go to Dyersville, Iowa to the actual field... I too am adopting from China... March/April DTC...
Felicity
http://flissandmikeadventures.blogspot.com/