Thursday, May 11, 2006

Somebody Call a Whambulence!

Another phenomenal episode tonight of Survivor: Exile Island. Of course, that is until the whole “to be continued” thing. I feel so used…

Regardless of what happens, I truly believe that Terry will be in the final two. I also believe that there is no way he can win. After watching his behavior tonight, there’s no way he can beat Cirie, Danielle, or Aras in the final. So either he’ll win the final immunity challenge outright, or whoever does will take him because they know that they can beat him. And why am I so sure of this? Well, first was his reaction when they returned from tribal council. Cirie dropped her torch in his way and he lost it. Sure, they are all tired and hungry, but there’s no excuse for treating her like that. Then there’s the reward challenge. Oh the reward challenge. It was a tough challenge – did you see the sweat pouring off of them? But the best part was Aras, uttering one of the best lines in Survivor history – “somebody call a whambulence, Terry’s crying on the course!” Perfection. And Terry was really whining about it – way to be a good loser.

This was one of the first episodes I can remember where the editing of the show was so telling. When Cirie was excited to make fire, you just knew that that was going to come into play later in the show. I was just hoping that it would come into play at the immunity challenge. It was a good challenge though – I was screaming on my couch for Aras to get it in gear! I’m just so sick of Terry and his attitude. Thank goodness Aras finally pulled it out in the end!

Speaking of Terry, no shocker that he didn’t actually give Danielle the idol. He didn’t give it to Nick, or Austin, or Sally – why would he give it to Danielle? And I he had given it to Nick at that first tribal council, the entire game would have changed. But while Terry is very strong physically, his mental game play is horrendous.

So we’re stuck with a stupid “to be continued” to find out whether Danielle or Cirie can make fire first. And only one episode left…oh Survivor, why do you taunt me?

No comments: