Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Another cut on American Idol

This might be the most talented top 5 ever. I don’t think I would be surprised about any of the contestants going home. (even my favorite, Chris, isn’t safe any more) I've also read that it's better to go out this round than the next...something about track record of the contestants voted out this round. Are people actually studying this sort of thing? Yikes.

Oh, Idol group songs…how I have missed you! (although did we really need that many backup singers?...this must be one of the songs going on the Idol CD…)

So, we’re at the 20 minute mark, and we’re finally going to get to some results. Oooh…the final four are going to Graceland! (wait, does this make them want to win?...) Taylor is first, and he’s safe. So is Chris (thank goodness!). Paris is next, and she’s in the bottom two. So we get to see a very strange shoe choice (white heels??) as Ryan asks her to sing. And I think she just spit her gum out into his hand so she could regale us with Prince. Very bizarre. After yet another commercial break we find out that Elliott is the other contestant in the bottom two. And while he didn’t spit anything into Ryan’s hands, he also got to sing once more.

After all that, it’s Paris that’s going home. I can’t say that I’m even a little bit surprised. The good news for Paris is that she’s extremely talented…as soon as her contract with Idol is done, the record producers will be knocking down her door to sign her.

No comments: