Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Real Shocker on American Idol

You know how last night I said I wouldn’t be surprised if any of the final four on American Idol went home tonight? Well, I was wrong. I am shocked at tonight’s results. I did not see that one coming.

First, there’s a lot of filler about the Idols’ trip to Graceland. And the most interesting part of it was how Priscilla Presley looks. I couldn’t tell if she’s had work done or naturally looks really young (or both) but I was shocked at how good she looked. Of course we have a Ford commercial. Which, by the way, may have been the worst so far – they didn’t even pretend to sing on this one. (although I do love anything with Kermit in it…) And the cheesy group song was especially cheesy tonight as they each got to play “lead singer” and “backup singer” for each other. Ugh.

This is where it got really weird. Idol producers love to show celebrities who are there because they are fans. Most of them have their kids with them, but not Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O’Connell. Not only are they huge fans, Rebecca somehow got to make a request…and Taylor actually sang for her. Very very strange.

So we finally get some results – Ryan groups Elliott & Taylor and Chris & Katharine. And even though most people predicted Chris & Katharine to be the final two, it’s Elliott & Taylor that are safe. At this point you can just read it all over Katharine’s face that she knows she’s going home. Add to that Simon’s prediction that it was it for her, and, well, she didn’t look to good. So it was genuine shock on her face when Ryan announced that Chris was going home. I just don’t get it. And no, I didn’t vote, but not for lack of trying – I couldn’t get through as long as I tried. The only upside is that of the four, Chris can probably best have a hit CD on his own; the others really need the show to launch their careers.

So no Chris next week, but the final three…only two episodes of this left…what will I do with my time after that?

No comments: