Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Final Four Sing on Idol

After the amazing night of singing last week, this week's episode of Idol was quite the letdown. It's one of the most talented final fours in years, yet tonight's performances were just blah.

Melinda, the presumed winner, was good but not great. She has gone from the false modesty to over-confidence. Someone has clearly told her that she is the favorite to win, and she is showing it. Her second song was better than her first, and she's clearly going to move on to the final. I also appreciate that the stylists are doing everything they possibly can to make her look like she actually has a neck.

This was an off week for Blake. After his breakout performance last week (which reminds me, I need to download that...), his first song paled by comparison. I didn't like the falsetto, and the beat boxing, which I normally like, felt out of place. I actually really liked his second song; hopefully enough people will agree with me to keep him safe this week.

Lakisha had an off night as well. I hate when the guest coach gives a singer advice and they completely ignore it. It happened again tonight, when Barry Gibb told Lakisha to take it up an octave. Of course, she didn't, and it was a very flat performance. I was also totally distracted by her hideous outfit. Those stylists need to help her out as well. I agreed with Simon - her second song was better, but still not great. I think she'll be standing with Blake in the bottom two tomorrow night.

Jordin's first song certainly earned her a place in next week's show. She sounded great - much better than the others. Her second song wasn't as good, but it was better than Lakisha's. I think she'll be safe for sure.

So I'll be voting for Blake, mostly because I have him picked as my winner in my Idol pool. But I think that it should be Lakisha going home this week; hopefully I'm right.

No comments: