Friday, June 16, 2006

First Round of Cuts on So You Think You Can Dance

I really thought I knew who would be in the bottom three tonight on So You Think You Can Dance?. Between my dance knowledge and ridiculous number of hours logged watching reality tv, I thought I had a lock on this one. But clearly I am new to the show, and new to how the voting works – I only got one of the bottom three couples (Ivan & Allison) correct. Go figure.

So the bottom three have to dance solos to determine who will go home. But the time that they have to dance is so short – I don’t know how you would even prepare for that.

All of the girls were good – I don’t think that they were the bottom three girls. Erin was good, as was Allison. Allison really showed that Ivan was the weak link in that couple – she is a lot better than her dance with him showed. Jessica was really good too. I think that Erin will probably be going home, based mostly on her performance with Stanislav.

On the guys side, I really liked Stanislav. I don’t know why he and Erin were in the bottom three anyways, and I think he’ll be ok. Ivan, though, I don’t think will be as lucky. He’s a good hip hop dancer, but not at all versatile. And from his 30 second solo, I think that he knows that he’s going home. Especially with the performance that Jaymz turned in – it was really fabulous.

So the judges take a few moments backstage to decide who to elimante while we get to hear Nelly Furtado (and thank goodness for tivo…I hate that song…way too much like Shakira’s song with Wyclef…).So after the break, the judges come back to eliminate two dancers. Erin is eliminated first…no big surprise. Then, the unthinkable – my tivo ended. Why oh why Fox would you run over? Sigh…thanks to the internet, apparently Stanislav was cut, which makes no sense to me since Ivan was so terrible (get it? Ivan the terrible?). And I guess my question of what happens to the couples who lose their partners goes unanswered for another week.

No comments: