Monday, December 11, 2006

Season Finale of The Amazing Race

Even though I'm sad that we won't have The Amazing Race for a few months, I loved last night's season finale.

The last leg is always very quick - usually at least two flights, and lots of places to go to very quickly. This season's last leg was no different. Three countries, two flights, and two long train rides. Lots and lots of room for error.

The best face of the whole season was during last night's roadblock. No, it had nothing to do with Rob complaining that he didn't get to skydive (they explained today that the reason she did it was that they weren't sure if there would be one more roadblock on the race...she had 2 left, he had 1, and they wanted to have the option for either of them to do the final roadblock...really good strategy, actually). It was Lyn's face as the plane did a nosedive. Ha! I'm sure her kids will replay that for her over and over and over and...

I also LOVED that the final leg was in Paris. I've never been anywhere, but we were in Paris in October - my first trip out of the U.S.! So it was SO exciting to see the places where we were a few months ago! My husband wasn't as excited at first, but then we started recognizing things...the boys were in the metro stop by our hotel, we saw a restaurant where we ate at, and the detour was right by where we stayed (and we walked by there almost every day!). It rocked.

I also LOVED the drama at the airport. While there is part of me that wonders what would have happened if the boys didn't get on the flight, I was so glad they did (and that 'Bama didn't). My guess is that they would have changed a task to make it so it was an actual race at the end (it wouldn't have been too hard to add a task where they had to wait until something opened to allow a team or two to catch up). It was great tv at the end though, and who would have guessed that it would have all come down to a cabbie with EZPass? :)

So in the end, Tyler & James won, and I'm glad they did. They ran a great race throughout, and didn't rely on anyone else to get to the end. I'm also glad that Rob & Kimberly are much much nicer in real life than they were on the race! Kimberly said today that at some point she realized they were going to argue, and finally just embraced it. They also presented Tyler & James with neat collage frames during an interview today with pictures of the 4 of them and an EZPass!

Next up is The Amazing Race: All Stars...the previews say that it's coming in February, and the teams are still a secret. The real bummer is that there are teams featured in the preview that are definitely NOT a part. Strange. Regardless, though, I can't wait!

No comments: